Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I estaba una vez oculto, pero ahora veo!

"I once was blind, but now I see" is the title of the posting. Last night we made about 15 full frame sets of glasses at Eduardo's home, with the piece parts for many more when we continue tonight. I can't wait until I can post some of the pictures of our time together at the table bending these frames into place. Amber Cook made a most excellent (and entertaining I might add) video of how to bend the ear pieces that had us chucking, but the highlight of the night was Brian Gass's own personal creation of a "different" design from the scraps that were left - we were in tears at the example of 'how not to make glasses'.

John visited the home of the family that invited him yesterday. He reported it was a most excellent visit, with the head of the hous evening they wereehold gathering his entire family to hear the message of the Gospel. The head of the household shared with John that he had a hard time reading and needed eyeglasses - an 'interesting coincidence' then that we will be giving eye tests at Dr. Victor's home this evening! He will be join us this evening to get his eye's tested for a pair of the glasses we made (no, not Brian's!). The eye test John uses has the patient read from a text that asks them have they ever reached a point of knowing for certain if they would be in heaven when they die. Pray that this evening will be fruitful in sharing the Gospel with the community, especially for this man from last night's visit.

I didn't capture the full measure of what I wanted to do here, but have to run back for breakfast. By the way, I just have to close with this for my friends back home in Maryland - it's freezing cold here this morning!!!! Wayne Hetrich and I went to the local square for devotions, and could see our breath as we walked the streets!!!

1 comment:

GoughRMAK said...

Neat way to conduct an eye exam. I like it!

Mel