Sunday, August 05, 2007

Music Monday - Rich Mullins

I remember hearing Awesome God for the first time at a Campus Crusade for Christ Friday night gathering at Virginia Tech in 1990 or 1991. I've been a Rich Mullins fan since, and loved the fun little song Screen Door. The lyrics carry the line
Faith without works is like a song you can't sing
It's about as useless as a screen door on a submarine

The quirky lyrics and straight percussion accompaniment I first heard on the CD years ago fits the band's live performance. I stumbled across this fun but grainy video of a live show by Rich and his band of Screen Door - hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

Very cool! The kids really enjoyed it. I had a college friend who loved that cup game! Fond memories.
BUT....
We had to go to youtube and look it up ourselves (no problem) because we couldn't hear the words with the ipod running. Is there a way to pause it?