Friday, September 16, 2005

Might as well just start right here

Have you ever not started something because you wanted to do it just right, and didn't have everything together yet? That's me with this blog. The idea first flashed by over a year ago, but it was going to take too much work and time and effort. Then my good friend Scott Stringer showed me his blog (stringerzoo.blogspot.com) several weeks back, and I was finally motivated enough to create my own that night. Then, it hit me - how do you start a life's story mid-stream? I sat frozen, unable to begin until I could catch up on nine years of stories? Then there was this morning......

Cameron (our five year old oldest son) wakes up early this morning crying from a nightmare. The story was hard to piece together, but it was something about being chased and having something heavy land on him. Barb (my wonderful bride of 9 years now) soothes him by saying that it was just a dream, to which Cameron replies 'but dreams really do come true!'

So there you have it, my son's nightmares are that much more horrific because of Disney World, and you have an abrupt start to our life's story because of one cute kid!

(We'll have a story or two of our youngest son Owen (age three) in short order, guaranteed!)

No comments: